Taiwanese non-swimmer survives after 60 hours adrift: Reports
Taipei: A Taiwanese man has miraculously survived a 60-hour ordeal drifting in rough seas off the island`s east coast even though he cannot swim, local media reported on Monday.
Mr Tseng Lien-fa was catching baby eels on a beach in Hualien county early Friday when he was swept away by an unexpectedly large wave.
"I managed to hold on as the first wave hit me on the chest, but I was overwhelmed by the second and bigger wave," the 42-year-old told the United Daily News.
Media reports said Mr Tseng managed to grab a floating wooden coffin lid to which he clung until early Sunday. There was no explanation of why the lid was present in the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air