Tajik officials says 20 soldiers killed in clash
Dushanbe: A security services official says that at least 20 government soldiers have been killed in clashes with an armed group led by a former warlord, whom the Tajik government has accused of involvement in a recent killing of a senior intelligence officer.
Today`s fighting marked one of the worst outbursts of violence in the impoverished ex-Soviet nation since a government campaign in 2010 to wipe out Islamist militants in another part of the country.
The security services official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he`s not authorised to speak to the media, said today`s clash occurred in the mountainous semi-autonomous Gorno-Badakhshan province bordering Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days