Take to the streets, Pope tells Catholics
Vatican City: Pope Francis has urged god to help Catholics in becoming more outgoing and take to the streets to show god`s love.
"Lord, teach us to step outside ourselves. Teach us to go out into the streets and manifest your love," Francis wrote on Twitter.
Since his election as Pope in March, Francis has urged the faithful to reach out to others and has on occasions taken to the streets of Rome himself for unannounced informal walkabouts.
The charismatic pope now has some 8.6 million followers on his Twitter account @Pontifex, according to the Vatican. The papal tweets are published in nine languages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown