Taliban ignoring peace talks over office name row`: US official
Washington: The Taliban will not join talks with the United States because of a dispute over the name of its office in Qatar, a senior US official has said.
The official said that the Taliban never replied to an offer to meet U.S. diplomats in Doha on June 23.
According to Fox News, he said that is because the Taliban insist their office in Doha be called the `Political Office of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan`.
The United States and Afghanistan objected to the name and to the wording of a sign with the name of the former Taliban regime when the office first opened.
Qatar i mediators got the Taliban to remove them but the official said the militant group is however insisting that they be replaced, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre