Taliban ignoring peace talks over office name row`: US official
Washington: The Taliban will not join talks with the United States because of a dispute over the name of its office in Qatar, a senior US official has said.
The official said that the Taliban never replied to an offer to meet U.S. diplomats in Doha on June 23.
According to Fox News, he said that is because the Taliban insist their office in Doha be called the `Political Office of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan`.
The United States and Afghanistan objected to the name and to the wording of a sign with the name of the former Taliban regime when the office first opened.
Qatar i mediators got the Taliban to remove them but the official said the militant group is however insisting that they be replaced, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price