Taliban kill two Pakistan army officers
Islamabad: At least five people including two military officers were killed in a suicide attack in Pakistan Wednesday, the army said. Banned militant outfit Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack.
The two military officers -- Lieutenant Colonels Zahir Shah and Arshad -- were killed when a Pakistani Taliban suicide bomber hit their twin cabin vehicle on a road near Rawalpindi, Dawn quoted Pakistani army media wing`s chief Asim Bajwa as saying in a tweet. The other three were civilians.
TTP spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid said the suicide bombing near Fateh Jang road was carried out by TTP attackers.
The attack occurred when the officers were on their way to a military installation in the morning, sources said.
The bombing came in the wake of military action and air strikes in the North Waziristan tribal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise