Taliban kill two Pakistan army officers
Islamabad: At least five people including two military officers were killed in a suicide attack in Pakistan Wednesday, the army said. Banned militant outfit Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack.
The two military officers -- Lieutenant Colonels Zahir Shah and Arshad -- were killed when a Pakistani Taliban suicide bomber hit their twin cabin vehicle on a road near Rawalpindi, Dawn quoted Pakistani army media wing`s chief Asim Bajwa as saying in a tweet. The other three were civilians.
TTP spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid said the suicide bombing near Fateh Jang road was carried out by TTP attackers.
The attack occurred when the officers were on their way to a military installation in the morning, sources said.
The bombing came in the wake of military action and air strikes in the North Waziristan tribal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre