Taliban kill two Pakistan army officers
Islamabad: At least five people including two military officers were killed in a suicide attack in Pakistan Wednesday, the army said. Banned militant outfit Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack.
The two military officers -- Lieutenant Colonels Zahir Shah and Arshad -- were killed when a Pakistani Taliban suicide bomber hit their twin cabin vehicle on a road near Rawalpindi, Dawn quoted Pakistani army media wing`s chief Asim Bajwa as saying in a tweet. The other three were civilians.
TTP spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid said the suicide bombing near Fateh Jang road was carried out by TTP attackers.
The attack occurred when the officers were on their way to a military installation in the morning, sources said.
The bombing came in the wake of military action and air strikes in the North Waziristan tribal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt