Taliban suicide attack on NATO convoy in Kabul: Officials
Kabul: A Taliban suicide bomber detonated an explosives-packed vehicle next to a NATO military convoy in Kabul on Friday, officials said, though no details about casualties were immediately available.
The attack occurred on a main road that passes by a series of government compounds and military facilities in the Afghan capital on the way to the eastern city of Jalalabad.
"Around 1:00 pm, a suicide bomber blew up a car targeting a convoy of foreign forces on the Kabul-Jalalabad road," Hashmatullah Stanikzai, spokesman for the Kabul police, said.
"Our security forces have rushed to the scene to investigate, and we don`t have any information on casualties yet."
A reporter said that civilian ambulances and armoured vehicles from the US-led NATO mission in Afghanistan were at the blast site, which was quickly cordoned off by police.
"Our mujahideen have detonated a car bomb attack on a convoy of foreign forces today afternoon," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said.
"As a result of the attack, several foreign forces were killed and a number of their vehicles were damaged."
The Taliban routinely exaggerate death tolls after attacks.
A spokesman for NATO`s mission in Afghanistan, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), said the explosion was being investigated but gave no further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility
- Kargil war: When Pakistan faced stinging defeat at the hands of India - Watch
- Narsingh Yadav Doping Scandal: Wrestler's food was spiked by an intruder, reveals hostel cook
- Chhattisgarh using only its share of Mahanadi water: Raman Singh
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa