Taliban threat video uploaded from within Georgia: Minister
Tbilisi: An online video threatening punishment against Georgian troops in Afghanistan was posted on internet from inside Georgia, the Interior Minister said on Wednesday.
Interior Minister Irakli Gharibashvili said after a National Security Council meeting on Tuesday the video was uploaded from inside the South Caucasus country, reported Xinhua.
"As for the video, formally, until the end of our investigation I do not want to rule out the possibility that the video was made by the Taliban, but I want to reiterate that the origin of this video has nothing to do with the Taliban," Gharibashvili said.
"The video, released on behalf of the Taliban, was posted on the internet from within Georgia," the minister said. "The IP address is identified and the location is established."
Gharibashvili said that the video was released to create panic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said