Taliban threat video uploaded from within Georgia: Minister
Tbilisi: An online video threatening punishment against Georgian troops in Afghanistan was posted on internet from inside Georgia, the Interior Minister said on Wednesday.
Interior Minister Irakli Gharibashvili said after a National Security Council meeting on Tuesday the video was uploaded from inside the South Caucasus country, reported Xinhua.
"As for the video, formally, until the end of our investigation I do not want to rule out the possibility that the video was made by the Taliban, but I want to reiterate that the origin of this video has nothing to do with the Taliban," Gharibashvili said.
"The video, released on behalf of the Taliban, was posted on the internet from within Georgia," the minister said. "The IP address is identified and the location is established."
Gharibashvili said that the video was released to create panic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM