Taliban warn of terror attack in the Netherlands
Amsterdam: The Taliban have warned of a possible terrorist attack against the Netherlands in the wake of the government`s decision to form a minority government backed by anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders, a press report Monday said.
"If the Netherlands enforce its anti-Islamic policies, it will ensure that they will be the target of an attack by a jihadist group," Taliban spokesman Sabiullah Mujahid told the de Volkskrant newspaper.
Last week the free-market Liberals and centre-right Christian Democrats formed a minority government in The Hague, backed by Wilders` Freedom Party.
In return, his anti-immigrant party has demanded a ban on the burqa and a 50 percent reduction in the number of immigrations from Muslim countries.
A Taliban commander in Pakistan has already threatened the Netherlands in response to Wilders` involvement in government.
The Dutch authorities, however, have not increased the official terrorism alert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE