Tapes of Oklahoma City bombing aftermath released
Oklahoma City: The FBI has released long-secret security tapes showing the chaos immediately after the 1995 bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building.
The soundless recordings show people rushing from nearby buildings after the fertilizer bomb went off. They don`t show the actual explosion outside the Alfred P Murrah Federal Building.
The tapes were obtained by an attorney and provided to The (Oklahoma City) Oklahoman, the newspaper reported on Sunday.
Some of the images were used as evidence at bomber Timothy McVeigh`s trial. McVeigh was executed in 2001. Coconspirator Terry Nichols is serving life in prison.
The blast on April 19, 1995, killed 168 people and injured hundreds. It was the worst terrorist attack in US history before the September 11, 2001, attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch