Tapes of Oklahoma City bombing aftermath released
Oklahoma City: The FBI has released long-secret security tapes showing the chaos immediately after the 1995 bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building.
The soundless recordings show people rushing from nearby buildings after the fertilizer bomb went off. They don`t show the actual explosion outside the Alfred P Murrah Federal Building.
The tapes were obtained by an attorney and provided to The (Oklahoma City) Oklahoman, the newspaper reported on Sunday.
Some of the images were used as evidence at bomber Timothy McVeigh`s trial. McVeigh was executed in 2001. Coconspirator Terry Nichols is serving life in prison.
The blast on April 19, 1995, killed 168 people and injured hundreds. It was the worst terrorist attack in US history before the September 11, 2001, attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley