Tapes of Oklahoma City bombing aftermath released
Oklahoma City: The FBI has released long-secret security tapes showing the chaos immediately after the 1995 bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building.
The soundless recordings show people rushing from nearby buildings after the fertilizer bomb went off. They don`t show the actual explosion outside the Alfred P Murrah Federal Building.
The tapes were obtained by an attorney and provided to The (Oklahoma City) Oklahoman, the newspaper reported on Sunday.
Some of the images were used as evidence at bomber Timothy McVeigh`s trial. McVeigh was executed in 2001. Coconspirator Terry Nichols is serving life in prison.
The blast on April 19, 1995, killed 168 people and injured hundreds. It was the worst terrorist attack in US history before the September 11, 2001, attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan