Tattooed professor has fair shot at becoming new Czech Prez!
London: Vladimir Franz, whose 90 percent of the body is covered in tattoo, is running at a surprising third place in polls ahead of this week`s Czech Republic Presidential Election.
Franz has no political experience and confesses to having little knowledge of economics.
He said that he only `threw his hat in the ring` after friends begged him to shake up the race through his shock factor.
According to the Telegraph, Franz is not short of admirers in a country where voters are tired of corrupt politicians, who have always failed to deliver their promises.
Not affiliated with any party, Franz has campaigned mostly on a platform highlighting corruption and what he said is a lack of moral standing in the country.
He said that his tattoos were simply `body art` and that the election is not a beauty contest, and is tipped to win around 11 percent in the first round, not enough to make the run-offs.
But he may end up as kingmaker, as the leading candidates, former prime ministers Jan Fischer and Milos Zeman, would be eager to pick up his following if the vote goes to a second round.
Elections are to be held in the Czech Republic on January 11 and 12, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley