Taxiing plane bumps into another at Beijing airport
Beijing: A plane taxiing at the Beijing
Capital International Airport bumped into a stationary plane
on Saturday due to thick fog, but no was injured in the incident.
The wing tip of the taxiing Singapore Airlines Boeing
777 scraped a wing on the tail of an Air China Boeing 737 800
waiting on the taxiway, an Air China official said.
An official from the Civil Aviation Administration of
China said pilot error was the likely cause of the accident.
He was quoted as saying by Xinhua news agency that an
investigation has been launched into the incident.
Visibility at the airport was reduced at the time
because of fog.
Air China arranged for another plane to fly the
passengers on Flight CA901 to Ulan Bator while the scraped
plane was grounded for checks and repairs, Xinhua reported.
Operations at the airport were not affected by the
accident, an official from Beijing Capital International
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video