Teacher detained in China for molesting girl students
Beijing: A 51-year-old teacher has been detained in central China for allegedly molesting girl students of a primary school, Hunan Province authorities said on Friday.
A police investigation confirmed that Pan Shilai had allegedly molested eight girls, the county government said in a statement.
Local police received telephone calls from parents of the third graders at the Sanqiao school in Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County on June 14, claiming that their daughters had been molested by their maths and music teacher, it said.
The headmaster of the school, Huang He, has been suspended from his post and local education authorities have arranged psychological counseling for the girls.
The education authorities have ordered primary and middle schools to strengthen management, raise awareness of self protection among girls and carry out activities to boost teachers` morality and ethics.
Pan is among several teachers held in China in the recent weeks for molestation of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested