Teacher detained in China for molesting girl students
Beijing: A 51-year-old teacher has been detained in central China for allegedly molesting girl students of a primary school, Hunan Province authorities said on Friday.
A police investigation confirmed that Pan Shilai had allegedly molested eight girls, the county government said in a statement.
Local police received telephone calls from parents of the third graders at the Sanqiao school in Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County on June 14, claiming that their daughters had been molested by their maths and music teacher, it said.
The headmaster of the school, Huang He, has been suspended from his post and local education authorities have arranged psychological counseling for the girls.
The education authorities have ordered primary and middle schools to strengthen management, raise awareness of self protection among girls and carry out activities to boost teachers` morality and ethics.
Pan is among several teachers held in China in the recent weeks for molestation of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Chabahar port may become operational in 1.5-2 years: Govt
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton