Teacher detained in China for molesting girl students
Beijing: A 51-year-old teacher has been detained in central China for allegedly molesting girl students of a primary school, Hunan Province authorities said on Friday.
A police investigation confirmed that Pan Shilai had allegedly molested eight girls, the county government said in a statement.
Local police received telephone calls from parents of the third graders at the Sanqiao school in Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County on June 14, claiming that their daughters had been molested by their maths and music teacher, it said.
The headmaster of the school, Huang He, has been suspended from his post and local education authorities have arranged psychological counseling for the girls.
The education authorities have ordered primary and middle schools to strengthen management, raise awareness of self protection among girls and carry out activities to boost teachers` morality and ethics.
Pan is among several teachers held in China in the recent weeks for molestation of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini