Teacher detained in China for molesting girl students
Beijing: A 51-year-old teacher has been detained in central China for allegedly molesting girl students of a primary school, Hunan Province authorities said on Friday.
A police investigation confirmed that Pan Shilai had allegedly molested eight girls, the county government said in a statement.
Local police received telephone calls from parents of the third graders at the Sanqiao school in Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County on June 14, claiming that their daughters had been molested by their maths and music teacher, it said.
The headmaster of the school, Huang He, has been suspended from his post and local education authorities have arranged psychological counseling for the girls.
The education authorities have ordered primary and middle schools to strengthen management, raise awareness of self protection among girls and carry out activities to boost teachers` morality and ethics.
Pan is among several teachers held in China in the recent weeks for molestation of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!