Teacher detained in China for molesting girl students
Beijing: A 51-year-old teacher has been detained in central China for allegedly molesting girl students of a primary school, Hunan Province authorities said on Friday.
A police investigation confirmed that Pan Shilai had allegedly molested eight girls, the county government said in a statement.
Local police received telephone calls from parents of the third graders at the Sanqiao school in Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County on June 14, claiming that their daughters had been molested by their maths and music teacher, it said.
The headmaster of the school, Huang He, has been suspended from his post and local education authorities have arranged psychological counseling for the girls.
The education authorities have ordered primary and middle schools to strengthen management, raise awareness of self protection among girls and carry out activities to boost teachers` morality and ethics.
Pan is among several teachers held in China in the recent weeks for molestation of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees