Teacher drinks poison after nude pictures on internet
London: A 24-year-old British teacher
working in the Gulf killed herself after her ex-boyfriend
allegedly posted naked pictures of her on Facebook.
Emma Jones, who worked at an Abu Dhabi international
school, drank poisonous cleaning fluid as she feared that she
could be jailed in the Muslim country over the explicit
images, her mother claimed.
Louise Rowlands, her mother, told an inquest that
Jones was distressed after former boyfriend Jamie Brayley
downloaded photographs posted pictures of her on Facebook,
Daily Express reported.
"He put them on her Facebook and she said she was
accused of prostitution by a man working at the school."
Meanwhile, Brayley termed Rowlands` claims as
Rowlands said Jones had spoken to her on the phone in
the days before her death and that she planned to fly home to
But she was discovered collapsed in her home in
Khalifa City by a flatmate with her passport in her jeans
pocket and her clothes lying on her bed ready for packing.
Her flatmate called for an ambulance but paramedics
could not save her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users