Teacher drinks poison after nude pictures on internet
London: A 24-year-old British teacher
working in the Gulf killed herself after her ex-boyfriend
allegedly posted naked pictures of her on Facebook.
Emma Jones, who worked at an Abu Dhabi international
school, drank poisonous cleaning fluid as she feared that she
could be jailed in the Muslim country over the explicit
images, her mother claimed.
Louise Rowlands, her mother, told an inquest that
Jones was distressed after former boyfriend Jamie Brayley
downloaded photographs posted pictures of her on Facebook,
Daily Express reported.
"He put them on her Facebook and she said she was
accused of prostitution by a man working at the school."
Meanwhile, Brayley termed Rowlands` claims as
Rowlands said Jones had spoken to her on the phone in
the days before her death and that she planned to fly home to
But she was discovered collapsed in her home in
Khalifa City by a flatmate with her passport in her jeans
pocket and her clothes lying on her bed ready for packing.
Her flatmate called for an ambulance but paramedics
could not save her.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?