Teacher drinks poison after nude pictures on internet
London: A 24-year-old British teacher
working in the Gulf killed herself after her ex-boyfriend
allegedly posted naked pictures of her on Facebook.
Emma Jones, who worked at an Abu Dhabi international
school, drank poisonous cleaning fluid as she feared that she
could be jailed in the Muslim country over the explicit
images, her mother claimed.
Louise Rowlands, her mother, told an inquest that
Jones was distressed after former boyfriend Jamie Brayley
downloaded photographs posted pictures of her on Facebook,
Daily Express reported.
"He put them on her Facebook and she said she was
accused of prostitution by a man working at the school."
Meanwhile, Brayley termed Rowlands` claims as
Rowlands said Jones had spoken to her on the phone in
the days before her death and that she planned to fly home to
But she was discovered collapsed in her home in
Khalifa City by a flatmate with her passport in her jeans
pocket and her clothes lying on her bed ready for packing.
Her flatmate called for an ambulance but paramedics
could not save her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review