Teacher drinks poison after nude pictures on internet
London: A 24-year-old British teacher
working in the Gulf killed herself after her ex-boyfriend
allegedly posted naked pictures of her on Facebook.
Emma Jones, who worked at an Abu Dhabi international
school, drank poisonous cleaning fluid as she feared that she
could be jailed in the Muslim country over the explicit
images, her mother claimed.
Louise Rowlands, her mother, told an inquest that
Jones was distressed after former boyfriend Jamie Brayley
downloaded photographs posted pictures of her on Facebook,
Daily Express reported.
"He put them on her Facebook and she said she was
accused of prostitution by a man working at the school."
Meanwhile, Brayley termed Rowlands` claims as
Rowlands said Jones had spoken to her on the phone in
the days before her death and that she planned to fly home to
But she was discovered collapsed in her home in
Khalifa City by a flatmate with her passport in her jeans
pocket and her clothes lying on her bed ready for packing.
Her flatmate called for an ambulance but paramedics
could not save her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read