Teacher shot dead at school in Thailand
Pattani (Thailand): Police say a Thai teacher was shot dead while having lunch at his school`s cafeteria, the first death of an educator this year in Thailand`s violence-wracked south.
Police Col Pakdee Preechachon said today that 51-year-old Chonlathee Charoenchon was killed by gunmen at Ban Tanyong School in Bacho district in Narathiwat province.
Pakdee said four gunmen entered the school`s compound on two motorcycles, and one of them took the teacher`s car after having shot him.
Nearly 160 school personnel have been killed since an Islamist insurgency first flared in Thailand`s three southernmost provinces in 2004.
A total of more than 5,000 people have been killed in the Muslim-dominated sub-region.
Teachers and security officials have been targeted by the insurgents, whose apparent goal is a separate state from the predominantly Buddhist country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31