Teacher shot dead at school in Thailand
Pattani (Thailand): Police say a Thai teacher was shot dead while having lunch at his school`s cafeteria, the first death of an educator this year in Thailand`s violence-wracked south.
Police Col Pakdee Preechachon said today that 51-year-old Chonlathee Charoenchon was killed by gunmen at Ban Tanyong School in Bacho district in Narathiwat province.
Pakdee said four gunmen entered the school`s compound on two motorcycles, and one of them took the teacher`s car after having shot him.
Nearly 160 school personnel have been killed since an Islamist insurgency first flared in Thailand`s three southernmost provinces in 2004.
A total of more than 5,000 people have been killed in the Muslim-dominated sub-region.
Teachers and security officials have been targeted by the insurgents, whose apparent goal is a separate state from the predominantly Buddhist country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi