Teenage girl stabbed, burnt alive by lover in Italy
Rome: A 17-year-old youth in Italy repeatedly stabbed his 15-year-old girlfriend, doused her with petrol and set her ablaze, thinking she had "betrayed" him when the girl refused to have sex with him.
The youth, named only as D.M., told police he stabbed his girlfriend several times in the abdomen during a quarrel after school in Corigliano Calabro village.
The boy then went and bought a can of petrol, returned to the field where the seriously injured girl lay bleeding, splashed the petrol over her and lit a match.
"She attacked me, called me a bastard, begged me for mercy," D.M. told police.
The boy claimed the girl refused to have sex with him and that he suspected she had "betrayed" him.
He said he threw away the girl`s school backpack and mobile phone in a field and then roamed around the neighbourhood.
"Now I am tired, and I just want to sleep," he told police, showing no apparent remorse over the brutal murder.
The youth was arrested after he went to a hospital for treatment to burns to his face.
He confessed to police and directed them to the girl`s charred corpse near an abandoned farm building, where the couple had gone on D.M.`s scooter.
Earlier, the girl`s father had reported her disappearance to police.
He said he had ordered his daughter to end the relationship after D.M. physically assaulted her on an earlier occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3