Teens return 62,000 euros found on Norway train
Oslo: Two Norwegian teens returned 467,200 kroner (some 62,000 euros, USD 81,500) they found left on a train by an elderly passenger, Norwegian media reported on Thursday.
The pair found the treasure yesterday in a handbag left on the seat of a train running between Oslo and a small town in southeastern Norway.
"When I opened the bag, the first thing I saw were these wads and wads of bills," one of the teens, identified as 16-year-old Bendik, told local daily Vestby Avis.
"My first thought was to call the police," he said.
After looking in the bag more closely, the good samaritans found the passport of its owner, a man in his 70s who was expected to pick up his money from the police today.
Police said they did not suspect any foul play behind the man`s huge quantity of cash, and said they did not know if the two teenagers had been rewarded for their honesty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days