Tehran to close kindergartens over air pollution
Tehran: An alarming level of air pollution has forced the authorities in the Iranian capital city to shut down Kindergartens and elementary schools Sunday, it was announced Saturday.
The emergency committee of Tehran will hold a meeting Sunday to discuss and decide on the air pollution in Tehran, reported Xinhua citing Hossein Karimi, an official in Tehran`s Governor`s Office.
At the meet, a decision will be taken whether government offices and other centres should also be closed, the official added.
Iranian government and parliament in recent years have made several efforts to solve air pollution problem in Tehran, including passing laws to urge for safer fuel and to replace old, inefficient cars with new ones.
Also, the Iranian government announced plans of decentralising policies in the country in a move to slow down the accumulation of people and industries in the capital to a considerable degree.
However, the plans were left unimplemented for unannounced reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das