Tehran to close kindergartens over air pollution
Tehran: An alarming level of air pollution has forced the authorities in the Iranian capital city to shut down Kindergartens and elementary schools Sunday, it was announced Saturday.
The emergency committee of Tehran will hold a meeting Sunday to discuss and decide on the air pollution in Tehran, reported Xinhua citing Hossein Karimi, an official in Tehran`s Governor`s Office.
At the meet, a decision will be taken whether government offices and other centres should also be closed, the official added.
Iranian government and parliament in recent years have made several efforts to solve air pollution problem in Tehran, including passing laws to urge for safer fuel and to replace old, inefficient cars with new ones.
Also, the Iranian government announced plans of decentralising policies in the country in a move to slow down the accumulation of people and industries in the capital to a considerable degree.
However, the plans were left unimplemented for unannounced reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened