Tehran to close kindergartens over air pollution
Tehran: An alarming level of air pollution has forced the authorities in the Iranian capital city to shut down Kindergartens and elementary schools Sunday, it was announced Saturday.
The emergency committee of Tehran will hold a meeting Sunday to discuss and decide on the air pollution in Tehran, reported Xinhua citing Hossein Karimi, an official in Tehran`s Governor`s Office.
At the meet, a decision will be taken whether government offices and other centres should also be closed, the official added.
Iranian government and parliament in recent years have made several efforts to solve air pollution problem in Tehran, including passing laws to urge for safer fuel and to replace old, inefficient cars with new ones.
Also, the Iranian government announced plans of decentralising policies in the country in a move to slow down the accumulation of people and industries in the capital to a considerable degree.
However, the plans were left unimplemented for unannounced reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games