Tehran to close kindergartens over air pollution
Tehran: An alarming level of air pollution has forced the authorities in the Iranian capital city to shut down Kindergartens and elementary schools Sunday, it was announced Saturday.
The emergency committee of Tehran will hold a meeting Sunday to discuss and decide on the air pollution in Tehran, reported Xinhua citing Hossein Karimi, an official in Tehran`s Governor`s Office.
At the meet, a decision will be taken whether government offices and other centres should also be closed, the official added.
Iranian government and parliament in recent years have made several efforts to solve air pollution problem in Tehran, including passing laws to urge for safer fuel and to replace old, inefficient cars with new ones.
Also, the Iranian government announced plans of decentralising policies in the country in a move to slow down the accumulation of people and industries in the capital to a considerable degree.
However, the plans were left unimplemented for unannounced reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS