Tehran to close kindergartens over air pollution
Tehran: An alarming level of air pollution has forced the authorities in the Iranian capital city to shut down Kindergartens and elementary schools Sunday, it was announced Saturday.
The emergency committee of Tehran will hold a meeting Sunday to discuss and decide on the air pollution in Tehran, reported Xinhua citing Hossein Karimi, an official in Tehran`s Governor`s Office.
At the meet, a decision will be taken whether government offices and other centres should also be closed, the official added.
Iranian government and parliament in recent years have made several efforts to solve air pollution problem in Tehran, including passing laws to urge for safer fuel and to replace old, inefficient cars with new ones.
Also, the Iranian government announced plans of decentralising policies in the country in a move to slow down the accumulation of people and industries in the capital to a considerable degree.
However, the plans were left unimplemented for unannounced reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands