Tehran to continue supporting Hezbollah: Iranian lawmaker
Tehran: Iran will continue to support Lebanon`s Hezbollah movement, a senior Iranian lawmaker said Saturday.
Supporting the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah is a principle of Iran`s foreign policy, Xinhua quoted Mohammad Hassan Asafari, a parliamentarian, as saying, while adding that Tehran will continue to throw its weight behind the movement.
Drawing attention to a recent meeting between Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif and Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, Asafari said, "During this meeting, the (Iranian) foreign minister reiterated that support will continue for the resistance movement Hezbollah, which seeks to establish peace in Lebanon and fight hegemony."
Lebanon`s Shiite militant movement Hezbollah has enjoyed financial and military supports of Iran since its foundation in 1982 amid Lebanon`s war with Israel.
Hezbollah is currently fighting on the side of the Syrian government against the rebels in Syria.
On Friday, Iran`s Majlis (parliament) Speaker Ali Larijani also reiterated Iran`s unconditional support for Hezbollah, saying that his country would never slacken in doing so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why