Tehreek-e-Insaf warns PML-N of disrupting protest in May 11
Lahore: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman Imran Khan today said the Nawaz Sharif government will be in "danger" if it tries to stop its May 11 protest.
"The PML-N government will be in danger if it tries to stop the Tehreek-e-Insaf workers to participate in May 11 peaceful protest in Islamabad against the last year`s election rigging," the cricketer-turned-politician said at a press conference here.
"There will be no threat to democracy from our protest but I give no guarantee if the government stops us by force. We have street power and launch protest across the country then the government will be responsible for its outcome," Khan said.
The PML-N is of the view that Khan is launching the anti-government campaign at the behest of the military establishment.
The PPP, an opposition party, said at the time when there has been civil-military tension the Tehreek-e-Insaf`s protest will do no good for democracy.
"The PTI`s protest may harm democracy. Therefore Imran Khan should better use the forum of parliament for his grievances," PPP Punjab president Manzoor Wattoo told.
Khan has also declared war on Jang/Geo group owner Mir Shakilur Rehman.
"I have learnt that MSR is going to launch a character assassination campaign against me but I will face him and will not be blackmailed (by him)," he said adding he would follow MSR to Dubai where he is residing.
The Tehreek-e-Insaf has boycotted Jang/Geo group for his role in rigging in the last elections.
"...Media rights were given to Geo Super (a sports channel of Geo group) as a reward to help PML-N come to power through rigging," he said.
Khan said former chief justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Chaudhry was also involved in rigging.
"Iftikhar deliberately didn`t take up PTI`s plea of verifying votes in four constituencies showing his collusion with the PML-N," he alleged.
Exactly a year after the historic general elections, former military ruler Pervez Musharraf`s All Pakistan Muslim League and Canada-based cleric Tahir-ul-Qadri`s Pakistan Awami Tehreek along with the Tehreek-e-Insaf have announced to stage protests on May 11 over the issue of alleged vote rigging and corruption.
Khan`s protest is being supported by the right-wing Jamaat-e-Islami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams