Tel Aviv bus bomber arrested, says Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli officials on Thursday arrested an Arab Israeli for carrying out a bomb blast that ripped through a bus in Tel Aviv on Wednesday, in which 27 people were injured.
Israel officials said the man has been arrested on accusations he planted a bomb on a bus in Tel Aviv.
Police say that the accused hails from the village of Taybeh in Israel and was associated with Hamas.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the arrested person has admitted to carrying out the terrorist attack.
Israel and Gaza militant groups agreed to a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday.
The Israel-Hamas conflict reportedly killed more than 140 Palestinians and at least five Israelis, and left about 1,000 others injured on both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured