Ten killed, 66 injured in fresh Syria bombing
Damascus: At least 10 people were killed and 66 others wounded when a booby-trapped car ripped through a busy square in a suburb of the Syrian capital, state media reported.
The blast rocked the al-Soyouf Square in the southeastern suburb of Jaramana, Xinhua reported on Friday.
State TV aired live footage of the blast scene marked by bloodshed and destruction.
The pro-government Jaramana area is largely dominated by Christians and the Druze minority.
The al-Ekhbariah TV channel said several extremist groups claimed responsibility for the attack. Previous attacks have been claimed by the Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front, which was recently blacklisted as a terrorist group by the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani