Ten killed, 66 injured in fresh Syria bombing
Damascus: At least 10 people were killed and 66 others wounded when a booby-trapped car ripped through a busy square in a suburb of the Syrian capital, state media reported.
The blast rocked the al-Soyouf Square in the southeastern suburb of Jaramana, Xinhua reported on Friday.
State TV aired live footage of the blast scene marked by bloodshed and destruction.
The pro-government Jaramana area is largely dominated by Christians and the Druze minority.
The al-Ekhbariah TV channel said several extremist groups claimed responsibility for the attack. Previous attacks have been claimed by the Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front, which was recently blacklisted as a terrorist group by the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video