Ten-year-old UK boy makes 1.5 million pounds from his paintings
London: Monet in the making! A 10-year-old primary school art prodigy in UK has seen his earnings soar to a staggering 1.5 million pounds—after the latest sale of his paintings raised almost 250,000 pounds in just 20 minutes.
Additionally, a dozen of Kieron Williamson`s latest works are expected to fetch around 100,000 pounds this week.
That follows the 242,095 pounds sale last week of 23 pictures snapped up in 20 minutes by email and phone bidders.
Cheapest of his paintings was a small 2,450 pounds watercolour while a snow scene near his home in Trunch, Norfolk, sold for 30,000 pounds, `The Sun` reported.
"He is not motivated by the money side of things. He just wants to do paintings that people will like," his father said.
Kieron dubbed as Mini Monet began painting landscapes at five. His first sale of 19 pictures in 2009 raised 14,000 pounds.
"Kieron`s paintings continue to be overwhelming and quite incredible," Adrian Hill, of the art gallery in Holt where the boy`s latest exhibition is being held, said.
"The recognition from art critics and fine artists is absolutely remarkable. People just cannot believe that he is producing work like he does and he is still only ten," Hill said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...