Terror attack averted in Russia`s Caucasus region
Moscow: Police in Russia have been successful in preventing a terrorist attack on a gas distribution plant in Russia`s Caucasus region.
Sunday`s foiled terrorist attack in Nalchik, capital of the North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria, was "aimed against civilians", a police spokesman said.
"A cardboard box with three makeshift explosive devices - with a total power of up to five kg of TNT equivalent - was discovered on Sunday near a path leading to the Gazprom gas distribution plant on Severnaya Street," the spokesman said.
The devices, which contained electric detonators, portable radios, fuses, nails and screws, were defused on the site and no one was injured, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head