Terror attack averted in Russia`s Caucasus region
Moscow: Police in Russia have been successful in preventing a terrorist attack on a gas distribution plant in Russia`s Caucasus region.
Sunday`s foiled terrorist attack in Nalchik, capital of the North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria, was "aimed against civilians", a police spokesman said.
"A cardboard box with three makeshift explosive devices - with a total power of up to five kg of TNT equivalent - was discovered on Sunday near a path leading to the Gazprom gas distribution plant on Severnaya Street," the spokesman said.
The devices, which contained electric detonators, portable radios, fuses, nails and screws, were defused on the site and no one was injured, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed