Terror attack foiled in Russia
Moscow: A terrorist attack was foiled in Russia when an insurgent carrying explosives in his car was killed in the southwestern Kabardino-Balkaria region, RIA Novosti reported Sunday.
According to the regional interior ministry, the insurgent was killed by security forces Saturday night after he opened fire at a checkpoint when police attempted to inspect his car.
The man was carrying a time bomb made of various chemicals mixed in a bucket and connected to a watch.
The explosives was estimated to be 15 kg of TNT. The ministry said "specialists believe there is no doubt that a terror attack was being prepared".
The bomb was defused on the spot. Police also found a machine gun and a pistol in the man`s car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog