Terror attack foiled in Turkey
Ankara: A major terror attack was foiled Saturday when Turkish security forces seized 150 kg of explosives in the southeastern province of Diyarbakir, Xinhua reported.
Security forces found the A-4 type explosives in Topcular village of Hani town, provincial governor Mustafa Toprak told the Anatolia news agency.
The explosives were ready to blow up when they were found, he said.
The governor said the explosives allegedly planted by militants of the outlawed Kurdish Workers` Party were destroyed by bomb disposal teams.
The Kurdish Workers` Party, listed as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the US and the European Union, took up arms in 1984 to create an ethnic homeland in southeastern Turkey. Since then, over 40,000 people have been killed in conflicts involving the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery