Terror attack foiled in Turkey
Ankara: A major terror attack was foiled Saturday when Turkish security forces seized 150 kg of explosives in the southeastern province of Diyarbakir, Xinhua reported.
Security forces found the A-4 type explosives in Topcular village of Hani town, provincial governor Mustafa Toprak told the Anatolia news agency.
The explosives were ready to blow up when they were found, he said.
The governor said the explosives allegedly planted by militants of the outlawed Kurdish Workers` Party were destroyed by bomb disposal teams.
The Kurdish Workers` Party, listed as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the US and the European Union, took up arms in 1984 to create an ethnic homeland in southeastern Turkey. Since then, over 40,000 people have been killed in conflicts involving the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL