Terror attack foiled in Turkey
Ankara: A major terror attack was foiled Saturday when Turkish security forces seized 150 kg of explosives in the southeastern province of Diyarbakir, Xinhua reported.
Security forces found the A-4 type explosives in Topcular village of Hani town, provincial governor Mustafa Toprak told the Anatolia news agency.
The explosives were ready to blow up when they were found, he said.
The governor said the explosives allegedly planted by militants of the outlawed Kurdish Workers` Party were destroyed by bomb disposal teams.
The Kurdish Workers` Party, listed as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the US and the European Union, took up arms in 1984 to create an ethnic homeland in southeastern Turkey. Since then, over 40,000 people have been killed in conflicts involving the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden