Terror attack on Polish President foiled
Warsaw: Poland`s law enforcement agencies foiled a terrorist attack against President Bronislaw Komorowski and top government organs earlier this month, officials have revealed.
Investigators say a resident of the southern city of Krakow was plotting to attack "the Constitutional organs" of Poland during the Nov 11 Independence Day celebrations, in which Komorowski was taking part.
"He was preparing an explosion that would have targeted the lives of many people," a Polish prosecutors` spokesman told RMF FM radio station.
A criminal case over the planned attack was opened Nov 5. The suspect travelled several times from Krakow to Warsaw to study the route of the Independence Day procession, according to the radio report.
The targets also included the government and parliament, government spokesman Pawel Gras told TOK FM radio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price