Terror attack on Polish President foiled
Warsaw: Poland`s law enforcement agencies foiled a terrorist attack against President Bronislaw Komorowski and top government organs earlier this month, officials have revealed.
Investigators say a resident of the southern city of Krakow was plotting to attack "the Constitutional organs" of Poland during the Nov 11 Independence Day celebrations, in which Komorowski was taking part.
"He was preparing an explosion that would have targeted the lives of many people," a Polish prosecutors` spokesman told RMF FM radio station.
A criminal case over the planned attack was opened Nov 5. The suspect travelled several times from Krakow to Warsaw to study the route of the Independence Day procession, according to the radio report.
The targets also included the government and parliament, government spokesman Pawel Gras told TOK FM radio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre