Terror threat closes UK embassy in Kuwait
London: Britain`s government said on Thursday a targeted terrorist threat has forced it to suspend services at its embassy in Kuwait.
The Foreign Office said the action was precautionary. It said it cannot rule out a threat against other British interests in Kuwait and has urged British businesses and organisations to review their own security procedures.
It would not comment on the nature of the threat or how long services are expected to be affected.
The move comes ahead of a planned visit to the Gulf nation by Prince Charles at the end of the month.
A spokeswoman for his office said the palace is reviewing the security situation and taking advice from the Foreign Office. She spoke on condition of anonymity, in line with palace policy.
The spokeswoman would not say if the visit would be cancelled.
The US embassy in Kuwait said there was no change in its operations or "security posture”.
Britain`s Foreign Office does not advise any travel restrictions for Kuwait, but warns on its website that there is a "general threat from terrorism" there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!