Terror threat in Europe still real: Europol
Brussels: Europol`s director says terror cells are still actively plotting attacks against Europe.
Robert Wainwright, director of the European police organisation, said a drop in attacks, coupled with intelligence that had thwarted major plots, masked the ongoing threat.
His remarks on Thursday come amid news of a terror threat against Britain, France and Germany. The threat was intercepted in Pakistan by US intelligence officials, sparking a surge in drone missile strikes near the border with Afghanistan.
Wainwright was speaking at a security conference in Brussels.
Officials at the conference also warned of security threats coming from African countries.
Ronald K Noble, Interpol`s Secretary General, says a rise in drug trafficking had fuelled violence and instability. More than a quarter of all cocaine now passes through Africa from South America.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them