Terrorist Noordin Top`s wife wants to bury him in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Slain Malaysia-born terrorist Noordin Mohammed Top`s wife has calmly received the news of her husband being killed by the Indonesian police. She wishes that his body be brought home in Malaysia`s Johor Baru for burial.
Her father, Rusdi Hamid, 67, said, "We were always prepared for such an outcome especially after the last time when he was suspected to have been killed."
"We will live our lives normally as it has been a long time since he has lived with us," said Hamid who last month regretted his decision to marry his daughter to a man who initially was a sober teacher.
Top was gunned down in a shootout in Indonesia on Wednesday.
Hamid on Thursday said it was his daughter`s wish for her husband`s body to be returned home to be buried.
Hamid, a trader residing in Kampung Sg Tiram in Johor state, said his daughter and Noordin`s three children, a 10-year-old son and daughters aged nine and eight, had lost contact with Noordin for about eight years.
"Even after eight years, my daughter still wished for him to be buried here now that it is confirmed that he was killed.
"My daughter and grandchildren had to live without him but thankfully they are used to the situation," he was quoted as saying by The Star newspaper.
Hamid hoped that the media and other parties would leave his family alone now that it has been confirmed that Noordin was killed.
"We will carry on without him," he said.
Home Minister Hishamuddin Hussein said he was `sad` at Noordin`s death and felt that he could have been rehabilitated.
"What he did was wrong. We don`t condone what he did. I am sad that we did not get to rehabilitate him, like we have done with many others, including Jemaah Islamiah militants.”
"I am sad because a life is a life," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi