Terrorist Noordin Top`s wife wants to bury him in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Slain Malaysia-born terrorist Noordin Mohammed Top`s wife has calmly received the news of her husband being killed by the Indonesian police. She wishes that his body be brought home in Malaysia`s Johor Baru for burial.
Her father, Rusdi Hamid, 67, said, "We were always prepared for such an outcome especially after the last time when he was suspected to have been killed."
"We will live our lives normally as it has been a long time since he has lived with us," said Hamid who last month regretted his decision to marry his daughter to a man who initially was a sober teacher.
Top was gunned down in a shootout in Indonesia on Wednesday.
Hamid on Thursday said it was his daughter`s wish for her husband`s body to be returned home to be buried.
Hamid, a trader residing in Kampung Sg Tiram in Johor state, said his daughter and Noordin`s three children, a 10-year-old son and daughters aged nine and eight, had lost contact with Noordin for about eight years.
"Even after eight years, my daughter still wished for him to be buried here now that it is confirmed that he was killed.
"My daughter and grandchildren had to live without him but thankfully they are used to the situation," he was quoted as saying by The Star newspaper.
Hamid hoped that the media and other parties would leave his family alone now that it has been confirmed that Noordin was killed.
"We will carry on without him," he said.
Home Minister Hishamuddin Hussein said he was `sad` at Noordin`s death and felt that he could have been rehabilitated.
"What he did was wrong. We don`t condone what he did. I am sad that we did not get to rehabilitate him, like we have done with many others, including Jemaah Islamiah militants.”
"I am sad because a life is a life," he told reporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?