Terrorists threaten Belgium for burqa ban
Brussels: A terrorism-monitoring
organization says jihadists are threatening Belgium for
banning the wearing of face-covering burqas in public.
The United States-based SITE Monitoring Service quotes
posts on jihadist internet sites as urging the bombing,
torture and assassination of Belgians.
SITE reported today that a person named Faz al-Shaheed
had posted on a site: "This is what your parliament
unanimously decided except for one representative, to ban the
wearing of the veil in your small country... So, by this
decision you have ignited unto yourselves a fire without an
SITE said another post by a Fashudu al-Withaqsaid
said: "O Allah, destroy their buildings with explosives, their
cars with booby-traps, and their men with sniper rifles."
The ban took effect Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday