Terrorists threaten Belgium for burqa ban
Brussels: A terrorism-monitoring
organization says jihadists are threatening Belgium for
banning the wearing of face-covering burqas in public.
The United States-based SITE Monitoring Service quotes
posts on jihadist internet sites as urging the bombing,
torture and assassination of Belgians.
SITE reported today that a person named Faz al-Shaheed
had posted on a site: "This is what your parliament
unanimously decided except for one representative, to ban the
wearing of the veil in your small country... So, by this
decision you have ignited unto yourselves a fire without an
SITE said another post by a Fashudu al-Withaqsaid
said: "O Allah, destroy their buildings with explosives, their
cars with booby-traps, and their men with sniper rifles."
The ban took effect Saturday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata