Terrorists threaten Belgium for burqa ban
Brussels: A terrorism-monitoring
organization says jihadists are threatening Belgium for
banning the wearing of face-covering burqas in public.
The United States-based SITE Monitoring Service quotes
posts on jihadist internet sites as urging the bombing,
torture and assassination of Belgians.
SITE reported today that a person named Faz al-Shaheed
had posted on a site: "This is what your parliament
unanimously decided except for one representative, to ban the
wearing of the veil in your small country... So, by this
decision you have ignited unto yourselves a fire without an
SITE said another post by a Fashudu al-Withaqsaid
said: "O Allah, destroy their buildings with explosives, their
cars with booby-traps, and their men with sniper rifles."
The ban took effect Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan