Terrorists threaten Belgium for burqa ban
Brussels: A terrorism-monitoring
organization says jihadists are threatening Belgium for
banning the wearing of face-covering burqas in public.
The United States-based SITE Monitoring Service quotes
posts on jihadist internet sites as urging the bombing,
torture and assassination of Belgians.
SITE reported today that a person named Faz al-Shaheed
had posted on a site: "This is what your parliament
unanimously decided except for one representative, to ban the
wearing of the veil in your small country... So, by this
decision you have ignited unto yourselves a fire without an
SITE said another post by a Fashudu al-Withaqsaid
said: "O Allah, destroy their buildings with explosives, their
cars with booby-traps, and their men with sniper rifles."
The ban took effect Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security