Texas jury convicts Saudi bomb plot suspect
Amarillo: A jury has convicted a Saudi man accused of collecting chemicals and bomb-making materials in hopes of carrying out a terrorist attack.
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari is charged with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
Aldawsari, who was legally in the US on a student visa, was arrested in February 2011 after federal agents secretly searched his apartment near Texas Tech University and found bomb-making chemicals, wiring, a Hazmat suit and clocks.
Authorities also discovered Aldawsari`s journal, handwritten in Arabic, in which he wrote he`d been planning a terror attack for years and that it was "time for jihad”, or holy war, court documents show.
Attorneys for Aldawsari, who faces up to life in prison, claimed their client never came close to threatening anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan