Texas jury convicts Saudi bomb plot suspect
Amarillo: A jury has convicted a Saudi man accused of collecting chemicals and bomb-making materials in hopes of carrying out a terrorist attack.
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari is charged with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
Aldawsari, who was legally in the US on a student visa, was arrested in February 2011 after federal agents secretly searched his apartment near Texas Tech University and found bomb-making chemicals, wiring, a Hazmat suit and clocks.
Authorities also discovered Aldawsari`s journal, handwritten in Arabic, in which he wrote he`d been planning a terror attack for years and that it was "time for jihad”, or holy war, court documents show.
Attorneys for Aldawsari, who faces up to life in prison, claimed their client never came close to threatening anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read