Texas jury convicts Saudi bomb plot suspect
Amarillo: A jury has convicted a Saudi man accused of collecting chemicals and bomb-making materials in hopes of carrying out a terrorist attack.
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari is charged with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
Aldawsari, who was legally in the US on a student visa, was arrested in February 2011 after federal agents secretly searched his apartment near Texas Tech University and found bomb-making chemicals, wiring, a Hazmat suit and clocks.
Authorities also discovered Aldawsari`s journal, handwritten in Arabic, in which he wrote he`d been planning a terror attack for years and that it was "time for jihad”, or holy war, court documents show.
Attorneys for Aldawsari, who faces up to life in prison, claimed their client never came close to threatening anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly