Texas shootings: Two dead, five injured
Eden (US): Two people are dead and five injured after a gunman in Texas shot at several vehicles, apparently at random, authorities said.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said on Monday the gunman was among the dead. His identity was not released, but authorities said he was a 23-year-old.
DPS said the shootings began early Sunday when the gunman shot a motorist. Over the next 90 minutes, he was suspected of shooting two people who were sitting in a car at a convenience store and then another motorist. Then a 41-year-old woman, Alicia Torres, was found dead in her car.
The suspect fired on the vehicle of Concho County Sheriff Richard Doane when the sheriff came upon him, according to DPS. Doane was wounded and hospitalised.
A state trooper and game warden then found and exchanged gunfire with the suspect, who was killed.
An assault rifle, handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were recovered, DPS said.
Concho County authorities deferred comment on Monday to the DPS office in Austin. Phone messages left there were not immediately returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing