Texas shootings: Two dead, five injured
Eden (US): Two people are dead and five injured after a gunman in Texas shot at several vehicles, apparently at random, authorities said.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said on Monday the gunman was among the dead. His identity was not released, but authorities said he was a 23-year-old.
DPS said the shootings began early Sunday when the gunman shot a motorist. Over the next 90 minutes, he was suspected of shooting two people who were sitting in a car at a convenience store and then another motorist. Then a 41-year-old woman, Alicia Torres, was found dead in her car.
The suspect fired on the vehicle of Concho County Sheriff Richard Doane when the sheriff came upon him, according to DPS. Doane was wounded and hospitalised.
A state trooper and game warden then found and exchanged gunfire with the suspect, who was killed.
An assault rifle, handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were recovered, DPS said.
Concho County authorities deferred comment on Monday to the DPS office in Austin. Phone messages left there were not immediately returned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed