Texas shootings: Two dead, five injured
Eden (US): Two people are dead and five injured after a gunman in Texas shot at several vehicles, apparently at random, authorities said.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said on Monday the gunman was among the dead. His identity was not released, but authorities said he was a 23-year-old.
DPS said the shootings began early Sunday when the gunman shot a motorist. Over the next 90 minutes, he was suspected of shooting two people who were sitting in a car at a convenience store and then another motorist. Then a 41-year-old woman, Alicia Torres, was found dead in her car.
The suspect fired on the vehicle of Concho County Sheriff Richard Doane when the sheriff came upon him, according to DPS. Doane was wounded and hospitalised.
A state trooper and game warden then found and exchanged gunfire with the suspect, who was killed.
An assault rifle, handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were recovered, DPS said.
Concho County authorities deferred comment on Monday to the DPS office in Austin. Phone messages left there were not immediately returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez