Thai Army helicopters grounded after 3rd crash
Bangkok: Thailand`s Army has suspended flights of its 20 Bell-212 helicopters after three fatal helicopter crashes in eight days.
Army Spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said on Monday that the helicopters were ordered grounded so they could be examined after rotor failure was suspected as the cause of the latest crash Sunday that killed three soldiers and injured one.
Two other Thai military helicopters have crashed in bad weather in just over a week.
The first crash of a Huey chopper on July 16 killed five troops. On Tuesday, a Black Hawk helicopter sent to retrieve the bodies went down in the same remote area, killing eight soldiers and one television cameraman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof