Thai blasts: 3rd Iranian suspect held in Malaysia
Bangkok: One of the Iranian suspects in
yesterday`s triple explosions here was arrested in Malaysia
today after he fled from there following the blasts.
31-year-old Masoud Sedaghat Zadeh was arrested this
afternoon in Kuala Lumpur after the Malaysian authorities
received a tip off from Thailand, a security official here
The suspect was scheduled to fly to Tehran later today.
He had initially booked a flight to leave for the Iranian
capital on February 25.
He slipped through Thai immigration authorities, who did
not know his identity then.
Thai deputy police chief Pansiri Prapawat had earlier
said that Zadeh left Bangkok for Kuala Lumpur yesterday
following the triple explosions.
He was one of the four Iranians police linked to the
The fourth Iranian, a woman, was still at large and could
have left the country. She had rented the house for the
The two other Iranian suspects were in police custody.
28-year-old Saerb Moradi, who set off the three blasts,
was in hospital after his legs were blown off by a bomb which
he tried to hurl at police.
Another Iranian, Mohammad Hazaei, 42, was arrested at
Suvarnabhumi international Airport here when he tried to
escape to Malaysia.
Police have found several electronic devices from their
rented house that could be used to make explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing