Thai blasts: 3rd Iranian suspect held in Malaysia
Bangkok: One of the Iranian suspects in
yesterday`s triple explosions here was arrested in Malaysia
today after he fled from there following the blasts.
31-year-old Masoud Sedaghat Zadeh was arrested this
afternoon in Kuala Lumpur after the Malaysian authorities
received a tip off from Thailand, a security official here
The suspect was scheduled to fly to Tehran later today.
He had initially booked a flight to leave for the Iranian
capital on February 25.
He slipped through Thai immigration authorities, who did
not know his identity then.
Thai deputy police chief Pansiri Prapawat had earlier
said that Zadeh left Bangkok for Kuala Lumpur yesterday
following the triple explosions.
He was one of the four Iranians police linked to the
The fourth Iranian, a woman, was still at large and could
have left the country. She had rented the house for the
The two other Iranian suspects were in police custody.
28-year-old Saerb Moradi, who set off the three blasts,
was in hospital after his legs were blown off by a bomb which
he tried to hurl at police.
Another Iranian, Mohammad Hazaei, 42, was arrested at
Suvarnabhumi international Airport here when he tried to
escape to Malaysia.
Police have found several electronic devices from their
rented house that could be used to make explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH