Thai blasts: 3rd Iranian suspect held in Malaysia
Bangkok: One of the Iranian suspects in
yesterday`s triple explosions here was arrested in Malaysia
today after he fled from there following the blasts.
31-year-old Masoud Sedaghat Zadeh was arrested this
afternoon in Kuala Lumpur after the Malaysian authorities
received a tip off from Thailand, a security official here
The suspect was scheduled to fly to Tehran later today.
He had initially booked a flight to leave for the Iranian
capital on February 25.
He slipped through Thai immigration authorities, who did
not know his identity then.
Thai deputy police chief Pansiri Prapawat had earlier
said that Zadeh left Bangkok for Kuala Lumpur yesterday
following the triple explosions.
He was one of the four Iranians police linked to the
The fourth Iranian, a woman, was still at large and could
have left the country. She had rented the house for the
The two other Iranian suspects were in police custody.
28-year-old Saerb Moradi, who set off the three blasts,
was in hospital after his legs were blown off by a bomb which
he tried to hurl at police.
Another Iranian, Mohammad Hazaei, 42, was arrested at
Suvarnabhumi international Airport here when he tried to
escape to Malaysia.
Police have found several electronic devices from their
rented house that could be used to make explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks