Thai blasts: 3rd Iranian suspect held in Malaysia
Bangkok: One of the Iranian suspects in
yesterday`s triple explosions here was arrested in Malaysia
today after he fled from there following the blasts.
31-year-old Masoud Sedaghat Zadeh was arrested this
afternoon in Kuala Lumpur after the Malaysian authorities
received a tip off from Thailand, a security official here
The suspect was scheduled to fly to Tehran later today.
He had initially booked a flight to leave for the Iranian
capital on February 25.
He slipped through Thai immigration authorities, who did
not know his identity then.
Thai deputy police chief Pansiri Prapawat had earlier
said that Zadeh left Bangkok for Kuala Lumpur yesterday
following the triple explosions.
He was one of the four Iranians police linked to the
The fourth Iranian, a woman, was still at large and could
have left the country. She had rented the house for the
The two other Iranian suspects were in police custody.
28-year-old Saerb Moradi, who set off the three blasts,
was in hospital after his legs were blown off by a bomb which
he tried to hurl at police.
Another Iranian, Mohammad Hazaei, 42, was arrested at
Suvarnabhumi international Airport here when he tried to
escape to Malaysia.
Police have found several electronic devices from their
rented house that could be used to make explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read