Thai man jailed for raping 6-yr-old daughter
Bangkok: A Thai man has been sentenced to 48 and a half years in jail for multiple sexual assaults on his 6-year-old daughter but the criminal court reduced his punishment by half because he confessed.
The court reduced his punishment to 24 years and 3 months in prison.
Anan, whose last name was withheld, 31, physically abused and raped his 6-year-old daughter four times in the period between December 2011 to July 2012.
He had been using methamphetamine, reports said.
Anan threatened to beat his daughter to death if she told anyone.
The mother of the 6-year-old reported to the police after she noticed something was wrong. The father confessed after he was arrested.
He was convicted of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon