Thai man jailed for raping 6-yr-old daughter
Bangkok: A Thai man has been sentenced to 48 and a half years in jail for multiple sexual assaults on his 6-year-old daughter but the criminal court reduced his punishment by half because he confessed.
The court reduced his punishment to 24 years and 3 months in prison.
Anan, whose last name was withheld, 31, physically abused and raped his 6-year-old daughter four times in the period between December 2011 to July 2012.
He had been using methamphetamine, reports said.
Anan threatened to beat his daughter to death if she told anyone.
The mother of the 6-year-old reported to the police after she noticed something was wrong. The father confessed after he was arrested.
He was convicted of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why