Thai militants kill four: Police
Yala: Suspected Islamist militants shot dead two policemen and two civilians in Thailand`s troubled south as a violence-plagued Ramadan neared an end, police said on Friday.
Attacks in the Muslim-majority region on the Malaysian border have spiked during the traditional holy month of fasting and prayer, adding to the toll of around 3,900 people who have died in a five-year insurgency.
Gunmen shot dead a Buddhist border patrol police sergeant as he drove to pick up his wife, a teacher, in restive Pattani province yesterday, police said.
Another Buddhist policeman was killed in an ambush during a patrol in Pattani province late yesterday, while two other members of the patrol were seriously wounded, they said.
Also in Pattani, gunmen shot a Muslim deputy village chief in a food market yesterday and he died on the way to hospital, said police.
Separately a Muslim man was gunned down and killed in his grocery store in neighbouring Narathiwat province by two men pretending to be customers, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical