Thai monk punishes dog for killing cat
Bangkok: In an unusual punishment, the abbot of a popular temple in Thailand penalised a dog that killed a kitten, by hanging the dead cat around its neck, drawing angry reactions from netizens.
A monk at the temple in Mukdahan province told reporters that the dog, which was raised there, bit one of the kittens to death when the monks were collecting alms one morning.
To teach the dog a lesson, abbot Phra Thong decided to hang the dead kitten around the dog`s neck, using a piece of the monk`s robe.
The unusual punishment imposed by the abbot of Wat Sri Boon Ruang has astonished people visiting the temple and internet dwellers, and negative comments poured in through various social media platforms.
Phra believed that this punishment would stop the dog from attacking other cats again, he said to the `Bangkok Post`. Phra said that he had punished other dogs in similar fashion and it had worked before.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India