Thai monk punishes dog for killing cat
Bangkok: In an unusual punishment, the abbot of a popular temple in Thailand penalised a dog that killed a kitten, by hanging the dead cat around its neck, drawing angry reactions from netizens.
A monk at the temple in Mukdahan province told reporters that the dog, which was raised there, bit one of the kittens to death when the monks were collecting alms one morning.
To teach the dog a lesson, abbot Phra Thong decided to hang the dead kitten around the dog`s neck, using a piece of the monk`s robe.
The unusual punishment imposed by the abbot of Wat Sri Boon Ruang has astonished people visiting the temple and internet dwellers, and negative comments poured in through various social media platforms.
Phra believed that this punishment would stop the dog from attacking other cats again, he said to the `Bangkok Post`. Phra said that he had punished other dogs in similar fashion and it had worked before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past