Thai PM visits blaze-hit industrial estate
Bangkok: Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra flew to eastern Rayong province on Sunday morning to visit the Map Ta Phut industrial estate where an explosion and a fire broke out at a petrochemical factory on Saturday, killing 13 while injuring some 105 people, local media reported.
The Premier was accompanied by Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit and Industry Minister Pongsvas Svasti, Thai media INN reported.
She is scheduled to inspect the factory and visit the people wounded in the incident before returning to Bangkok in the afternoon.
The explosion occurred at a unit of Bangkok Synthetics Co (BST) inside the Map Ta Phut industrial estate at about 3.30 pm on Saturday, followed by a fire. The fire was put out completely early Sunday morning.
Thousands of people in communities around the industrial estate were evacuated urgently after the Saturday’s incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India