Thai police charged with gang raping colleague
Bangkok: A Thai policeman and two of his female colleagues have been charged with conspiring in the gang rape of a woman officer, media reports said on Sunday.
The victim accused her fellow officers of getting her drunk on November 14 in Yala city, 700 km south of Bangkok, and then luring her to an apartment where she was gang raped.
Police Lieutenant Colonel Siwapong Ngernniem was charged on Saturday with rape, while female officers Lieutenant Colonel Shiwarat sae Tong and Lieutenant Natrata Chukao face charges of conspiring to arrange the assault.
Yala police were searching for several civilian friends of the accused who joined the gang rape.
"These are police officers who bullied and took advantage of a fellow officer who was their friend," National Police chief Wichean Potephosree said. "It is utterly despicable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities