Thai police charged with gang raping colleague
Bangkok: A Thai policeman and two of his female colleagues have been charged with conspiring in the gang rape of a woman officer, media reports said on Sunday.
The victim accused her fellow officers of getting her drunk on November 14 in Yala city, 700 km south of Bangkok, and then luring her to an apartment where she was gang raped.
Police Lieutenant Colonel Siwapong Ngernniem was charged on Saturday with rape, while female officers Lieutenant Colonel Shiwarat sae Tong and Lieutenant Natrata Chukao face charges of conspiring to arrange the assault.
Yala police were searching for several civilian friends of the accused who joined the gang rape.
"These are police officers who bullied and took advantage of a fellow officer who was their friend," National Police chief Wichean Potephosree said. "It is utterly despicable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ixigo.com slashes flight fare; allows Rs. 750 cash-back on every booking
- Stars set to spread Bollywood fever in Spain during IIFA
- Nirbhaya-like rape case jolts Bihar; pistol inserted in 21-year-old victim's private parts
- Bond girl Caterina Murino all set to take Bollywood by storm with Rajeev Khandelwal's 'Fever'!
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET