Thai police charged with gang raping colleague
Bangkok: A Thai policeman and two of his female colleagues have been charged with conspiring in the gang rape of a woman officer, media reports said on Sunday.
The victim accused her fellow officers of getting her drunk on November 14 in Yala city, 700 km south of Bangkok, and then luring her to an apartment where she was gang raped.
Police Lieutenant Colonel Siwapong Ngernniem was charged on Saturday with rape, while female officers Lieutenant Colonel Shiwarat sae Tong and Lieutenant Natrata Chukao face charges of conspiring to arrange the assault.
Yala police were searching for several civilian friends of the accused who joined the gang rape.
"These are police officers who bullied and took advantage of a fellow officer who was their friend," National Police chief Wichean Potephosree said. "It is utterly despicable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice