Thai police hold 15 Pakistanis, probe possible terror link
Bangkok: Police in Thailand said today they
had arrested 15 Pakistani nationals involved in suspicious
fundraising activity and were investigating possible links to
a terrorist organisation.
A bank in the southern province of Yala alerted
authorities after one of the suspects tried to transfer money
to a person in Pakistan on a blacklist "related to a terrorist
group", said Police Colonel Piyawat Chalermsri.
The detainees, who have been charged with working
illegally, said they came to Thailand in September to raise
funds to help flood victims in Pakistan.
"We haven`t found any link or evidence related to
terrorism yet but as this area is very sensitive we will
investigate further," said Piyawat.
Authorities did not say to whom the suspects were trying
to send the funds.
They were being held at a police station in Yala in
Thailand`s Muslim-majority deep South, where a raging
insurgency has left more than 4,300 people dead in the past
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof