Thai police on lookout for more suspects in terror
Bangkok: Thai police on Friday said they were
searching for two more suspects, including an explosives
expert, as the criminal inquiry into the suspected Iranian
plot targeting Israelis overseas with magnetised bombs
The countrywide lookout for more suspects came as media
reports said that Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak who made
an unannounced trip to Singapore airshow may have been the
But Thailand`s police chief Priewpan Damapong denied
reports that terrorists were targeting Barak who was scheduled
to change planes in Thailand on Wednesday but later cancelled
the plan following the bombings on Tuesday.
The city police commissioner Gen Winai Thongson said that
one of the two suspects for whom the lookout had been sent out
may have been providing training in the use of explosives as
Thai authorities stepped up security at the country`s six
international airports which could become possible new targets
for acts of sabotage following a terror warning by Israel.
Thongson identified one of the suspects -- 52-year-old
Iranian man named Nikkhahfard Javad. He said the man had been
caught on the CCTV cameras as he left the house that had been
used by the Iranians. The roof of the residence was blown off
after a cache of explosives detonated accidentally forcing the
suspects to abandon the hideout.
The country`s police chief told the Transport Ministry
yesterday to place the Airports, under the Airports of
Thailand, on high alert as Israel has warned terrorists may be
A government source said Israel had advised police
directly to boost security at airports, based on intelligence
reports it had received, local media reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing