Thai policeman kills six fellow officers
Bangkok: A policeman in southern Thailand
shot dead six fellow officers before turning the gun on
himself after a drinking session in a police canteen turned
sour, local police said on Tuesday.
The incident, which also left one policeman severely
wounded, took place last night in a border patrol police camp
in Phatthalung province, some 840 kilometres south of the
"Seven men were found dead including the gunman and one
man has critical injuries," Phatthalung police investigator
Lieutenant Colonel Prasit Singhapol told AFP by phone.
Prasit said the motive was still unknown but the eight
men had been drinking together in the canteen where six of the
bodies were found.
"At this stage we think it`s a personal conflict," he
The gunman`s body was found some 200 metres from the
scene after he killed himself with the same assault rifle he
used against his colleagues, Prasit said.
Police were unable to confirm local media reports that
the group was celebrating the promotions of some of the men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured