Thai policeman kills six fellow officers
Bangkok: A policeman in southern Thailand
shot dead six fellow officers before turning the gun on
himself after a drinking session in a police canteen turned
sour, local police said on Tuesday.
The incident, which also left one policeman severely
wounded, took place last night in a border patrol police camp
in Phatthalung province, some 840 kilometres south of the
"Seven men were found dead including the gunman and one
man has critical injuries," Phatthalung police investigator
Lieutenant Colonel Prasit Singhapol told AFP by phone.
Prasit said the motive was still unknown but the eight
men had been drinking together in the canteen where six of the
bodies were found.
"At this stage we think it`s a personal conflict," he
The gunman`s body was found some 200 metres from the
scene after he killed himself with the same assault rifle he
used against his colleagues, Prasit said.
Police were unable to confirm local media reports that
the group was celebrating the promotions of some of the men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth