Thai Prime Minister`s Twitter account hacked
Bangkok: The Twitter account of Thailand`s new Prime Minister has been hacked by someone posting criticism of her policies.
Government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng says Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra`s account was hacked into Sunday morning. The Information and Communication Ministry is looking into who was responsible.
At least eight messages were posted accusing Yingluck`s government of incompetence and cronyism.
Yingluck`s Pheu Thai Party won a landslide election victory in July, but critics charge she is just a puppet of her brother, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
Thaksin was ousted by a military coup in 2006 after being accused of corruption, setting off bitter and sometimes violent conflicts between his opponents and supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof