Thai tourists stranded mid-air as monorail stops working
Bangkok: Twenty foreign and Thai tourists were stranded mid-air for an hour after an electric monorail stopped working at a zoo in Thailand`s northern province of Chiang Mai frequented by several Indian visitors every month.
A rescue basket was deployed to free the passengers from cars about 10 metres above the ground, Bangkok Post online said, adding that no one was injured.
A preliminary investigation showed that a brake problem caused it to stop unexpectedly.
The monorail, which was pressed into service in late 2007, can transport between 50 and 70 passengers at a time in air-conditioned cars.
The nationalities of the foreigners were not announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday