Thai tourists stranded mid-air as monorail stops working
Bangkok: Twenty foreign and Thai tourists were stranded mid-air for an hour after an electric monorail stopped working at a zoo in Thailand`s northern province of Chiang Mai frequented by several Indian visitors every month.
A rescue basket was deployed to free the passengers from cars about 10 metres above the ground, Bangkok Post online said, adding that no one was injured.
A preliminary investigation showed that a brake problem caused it to stop unexpectedly.
The monorail, which was pressed into service in late 2007, can transport between 50 and 70 passengers at a time in air-conditioned cars.
The nationalities of the foreigners were not announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!