Thailand: Biggest ever narcotics seizure of 3.5 tonne marijuana
Bangkok: In one of the biggest ever seizure of narcotics, Thai police on Friday seized more than three tonnes of marijuana destined for UK.
The marijuana was packed in hundreds of parcel boxes with a British address listed as their destination.
The sender on the parcel was identified as a local trading company.
One person identified as Nipon or Yap Mopad, 43, has been arrested. The police found the consignment of 3.5 tonnes of marijuana in a house in the central province of Saraburi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?