Thailand concert blast: 4 killed, 50 injured
Bangkok: Four people were killed and scores injured on Monday in a hand grenade explosion at a concert in northeastern Thailand, police said.
The incident occurred early Monday in Maha Sarakham province`s Nadoon district, where a famous local band was performing in celebration of a religious festival, according to Kritchai Saruamsri, superintendent of Nadoon police station.
He said a man carrying a suspicious object run from the crowd of audience and as the police approached him, they found that he was holding an M67 grenade with its safety pin already removed.
The man, who was later identified as 31-year-old Winai Jed-ngam, dropped the grenade, it bounced off the floor and exploded.
Four men, including two police officers and two civilians, were killed in the blast and about 50 others injured, including the attacker. One member of the band was also reportedly wounded.
Police were investigating the motive for the attack, saying it might be related to the ongoing dispute between local rival gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?