Thailand floods: Death toll rises to 68
Bangkok: The death toll in the month-long floods in Thailand has climbed to 68, the interior ministry said Thursday.
The monsoon-induced floods have ravaged 359 districts in 46 provinces. They still rage in 93 districts of 22 provinces, affecting some 230,000 households, said Chatchai Promlert, director general of the ministry`s Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
The northeastern provinces of Prachin Buri and Chachoengsao are the worst hit, Xinhua reported.
The authorities Tuesday put the death toll at 61.
Earlier this month, Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Phurisisak said that the floods have damaged the tourism industry and destroyed property worth $22.6 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal