Thailand to convene extraordinary parliamentary session
Bangkok: The Thai caretaker cabinet Monday approved a draft royal decree to convene an extraordinary session of parliament May 2-10, deputy government spokeswoman Sunisa Lertpakawat said.
The draft royal decree is awaiting the king`s endorsement, Xinhua reported.
Since the Feb 2 general elections were nullified, resulting in the absence of members of the House of Representatives, the special parliamentary meeting will be attended only by senators.
The Election Commission (EC) will endorse the last 15 senators Tuesday.
During the special session, the Senate will endorse a new member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) and new judges of the Central Administrative Court, Deputy Senate Speaker Surachai Liangboonlertchai said.
The Senate is also expected to consider the impeachment of Speaker Nikom Vaiyaratpanich, who has been suspended since the NACC`s ruling in March that he had violated the constitution for his role in chairing parliamentary meetings deliberating a constitutional amendment bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid