Thailand to deport crew of N Korean weapons plane
Bangkok: Thai prosecutors have dropped charges against the five-man crew of an aircraft carrying 35 tons of weapons from North Korea that was intercepted in Bangkok in December.
Thanaphit Mollaphruek, a spokesman from the Attorney General`s Office, says the five men from Belraus and Kazakhstan will be deported to face prosecution in their home countries.
Thanaphit told reporters on Thursday the decision was partly made to maintain a good relationship with the two countries.
It was not immediately clear when the men would be deported.
Thai authorities seized the Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane on December 12 during a refuelling stop in Bangkok.
The ultimate destination of the arms remains unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?