Thailand to extradite prostitution ringleader to Russia
Bangkok: Thai authorities would extradite to Russia a man accused of running a prostitution ring involving minors.
He claims that the case is fabricated.
Konstantin Avdoshkin, a native of Tatarstan`s capital Kazan, will be extradited next Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Thai immigration police said at a press conference in Bangkok.
Avdoshkin used to run a prostitution ring in Russia between 2005 and 2009, with some of the participants being underage and/or coerced into prostitution, the spokesperson said, citing an extradition request from Interpol.
Avdoshkin, who lived in the beach resort of Pattaya since 2009, marrying a local woman and working as a tour guide, was initially detained for violating visa rules because his passport expired.
He admitted to running a "leisure company," but denied using coercion and said he had fled Russia because police made up the case to extort money from him, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!