Thailand to extradite prostitution ringleader to Russia
Bangkok: Thai authorities would extradite to Russia a man accused of running a prostitution ring involving minors.
He claims that the case is fabricated.
Konstantin Avdoshkin, a native of Tatarstan`s capital Kazan, will be extradited next Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Thai immigration police said at a press conference in Bangkok.
Avdoshkin used to run a prostitution ring in Russia between 2005 and 2009, with some of the participants being underage and/or coerced into prostitution, the spokesperson said, citing an extradition request from Interpol.
Avdoshkin, who lived in the beach resort of Pattaya since 2009, marrying a local woman and working as a tour guide, was initially detained for violating visa rules because his passport expired.
He admitted to running a "leisure company," but denied using coercion and said he had fled Russia because police made up the case to extort money from him, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack